Monday, December 22, 2008

Valentine Greeting Card

Yes, I've already started on Valentine cards! I love black, white and red together!

I was with my friend, Sue, at Michael's and we were rummaging through the dollar bins and found a set of black and white notecards. It has a very pretty design and I immediately thought of how nice it would look using my oval Nestabilities.

With my Cuttlebug, I cut out the ovals, and a small Cuttlebug tag. I stamped the "I love you" from my See-D Morsel's Words set onto the tag, then thread red grosgrain ribbon through the ends.

I glued my oval cutouts onto a black glossy striped cardstock (the stripes don't show in the scan), then mounted my tag on top and wrapped the ribbon around the entire piece. I punched the corners of the black piece and then attached it to white Bazzill cardstock. I added pretty red heart rhinestones and a red bow, then mounted the entire piece to black cardstock. This card measures 5 3/4 x 4 1/2 inches.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!