Saturday, January 10, 2009

Card frenzy!


I haven't posted in a while but I've been working on a few cards and had a lot of fun! I dug out quite a few embellishments to play with, chose different color combinations and more! So let me show them and tell you how I made them!

My first card was created with my new favorite color combination of teal and brown! I just love how they look together.

I pulled out my Cuttlebug border folders and my Scor-Pal for the base card in white. I next, wrapped a teal ribbon around the card and added my floral embellishment with tiny decorative rhinestones to add some bling. I used a stamp set from Close to my Heart for the filigree card with "amour". I colored the stamped images with Prismacolor markers. It's hard to see the glitz on this card!
My next card was created with the companion piece to the Scor-Pal which has curvy and diagonal score lines. I scored a piece of pink cardstock, added some gold peel off lines, wrapped a polka dot ribbon around the center and tied a knot. I had difficulties with this card as I couldn't decide exactly what to do. I pulled out the fabric flowers and added them along with the red rhinestones. I used a shimmery patterned paper for the background that's hard to see in the scan. I used the Swiss dots folder on white cardstock then mounted the scored pink piece to it. I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" in pink ink, and added some pearls to the center of the flowers. I still can't decide if I like this card or not.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first visit to your site. I like this set of cards alot. Love my cuddle bug and score it; aren't they the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!