Sunday, January 11, 2009

Card frenzy, continued!

My next card is centered around a floral frame 3D sheet that I downloaded from Penny's photobucket site on Circle of Crafters. (Thanks, Penny!) I used the Script Cuttlebug folder for this white card, then sliced the frame in half and attached it to the card. I cut the scrolls with a Sizzix die, and glittered them with seashell glitter. The heart diecut is from a package of Valentine embellishments from K & Company. I added a pink grosgrain ribbon down the center, embellished with pretty rhinestones and pearls, then finished it off with cutouts I made from a Martha Stewart punch.

This card uses a piece of stationery I fell in love with. I purchased the Pansy heart notepad from "Sew Pieceful", a quaint quilt shop in Savona, NY. It is just one of the more beautiful stationery sets from Carol Wilson Fine Arts. I mounted the embossed heart onto a striped purple cardstock, and punched decorative corners with a Fiskars punch.

I attached that piece of a silvery swirl patterned paper, then added a lacy edge from a notecard from the same company. A pretty purple ribbon was wrapped around the piece, rhinestones were added and then was mounted to a soft green card. The lovely script "Thinking of You" is a stamp from Close to my heart, and I stamped it in royal purple ink.


My last card uses another pansy notecard from Carol Wilson Fine Arts. Using my rectangle Nestabilities, I cut out a border frame and a smaller square of the pansies. I punched a strip of white cardstock with a Martha Stewart punch, attached it to a purple rectangle, then added the border frame. I stamped "Hello" (Close to my heart) in royal purple ink, then affixed lavender rhinestones to the piece. The small pansy piece was attached to a light purple cardstock, then to a green cardstock.

I mounted my striped purple background piece to a light purple card, then added a lacy paper doily to the left side. I attached my two pansy pieces to the card and tied a pretty shimmery green ribbon around the entire card. Lastly, I made a beaded embellishment and stuck it through the knot of the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!