Sunday, January 25, 2009

Parchment and Valentine Cards

I love Rainbow Parchment! I get it from Ecstasy Crafts in a package of 10 and it goes a long way! I dug out another parchment grid for this pretty card. It's one of the 8 1/2 x 11 border grids from Ecstasy's Exclusive line.

I taped the shiny side of the rainbow parchment to the grid, turned it over, and proceeded to emboss, then prick my borders. It goes fairly fast, but I always recommend going over it a second time just to smooth out any lines that might be showing in your embossed areas.

I assembled a pre-cut 3D from (you guessed it) Ecstasy Crafts with foam pads and mounted it to my parchment piece. I added a pretty bow, and attached the parchment to a pretty lavender notecard with pastel purple brads. I finished the card off by using the waste pieces from a gold peel off sticker sheet, and added a "Thank You" for the sentiment.

Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

My next card was based on the tiny vinyl heart stickers I found at Wal-Mart. They are so cute with their polka-dots and stripes! My new color is brown! I love it! Can't get enough of it, it seems! You'll find these cute hearts in the Valentine section at Wal-Mart.

For this card, I used the Heart Blocks folder and embossed 2/3 of the card with the hearts. I then used the Scor-Pal and scored five lines next to the heartblocks. Then I added the tiny heart stickers to the right of the scored lines in a rambling pattern. Next I tied a red grosgrain ribbbon near the first scored line and placed a tiny brown polka-dot heart on another scored line.

I purchase a pretty Alphabet Stamp set from Inkadinkado and stamped LOVE in brown ink on a scrap of white cardstock, then I placed a tiny heart sticker inside the "O". I mounted the scrap to a velvet polkadot paper that had been cut out using a rectangle scalloped Nestabilities in the Cuttlebug. I attached that piece to a beautiful filigree paper from Deja Views called "Old World" in brown with darker shades of brown. I also put that piece through the Cuttlebug with a larger rectangle scalloped Nestabilities die.

I was going to attach that piece to the card, but it looked a little lost amongst the heartblocks embossing. The right side seemed heavier than the left. I dug around in my stash and once again pulled out a die cut heart from that Valentine set I purchased from K & Company. Who knew I'd use those diecuts so much? Um, sometimes I tend to buy things and tuck them in a box without a clue to what they will be used for!

I mounted my "LOVE" piece to a large heart diecut and attached it to the card and am quite pleased with the result!

Card size: 4 1/4 x 6 inches.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!