Monday, June 08, 2009

ATC crazy

So, I was on Circle of Crafters and normally I stay within the "General Card Making" category where you can see beautiful cards created by those around the world. Last week, when I was sick, I started browsing the ATC section of the forum. I had forgotten where I started my love of paper crafts. Back in 2004, I went from crazy quilting with fabric, to making fabric ATC's, then onto paper ATC's. I remember loving the tiny art treasures that I had made and exchanged in yahoo groups.

Needless to say, I decided to test the waters and joined the International ATC Swap. Instantly, 6 ladies asked to trade with me, so of course, I started making them right away. Below are the fruits of my labors!


The first ATC was done with a stamped floral background from Stampin' Up (I love that stamp). I stamped it in black ink onto glossy cardstock, then with a paintbrush, I painted the flowers with ink. I punched the edges, added a glittery oval peel-off sticker from Pop Ups by Plane Class and glittered a sticker dragonfly. I mounted that piece to a shimmery soft lavender cardstock, added some pretty rhinestones on the corners and was done! All ATC's are sized 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches.

The second ATC uses a floral background that my daughter made for me (she's the true artist)! I then punched a pretty border strip, added it to the background and topped it off with a glittered peel-off butterfly sticker.

This third ATC was from an unfinished greeting card. I had punched the white background using various hand punches from a pattern I made, but never finished the card. I dug in my stash and found the floral basket sticker, and mounted that to the background card. Then I sliced it in half! I was able to make 2 ATC's from that background piece! I backed it with a pretty teal foil cardstock, added a gingham bow and some rhinestones and was pleased with the results.

ATC #4 uses the other half of the stamped image of ATC #2. I used the same techniques for that card as well.

ATC #5 uses Copic Sketch Markers, a Thomas Kinkade stamp and two Stampscapes rubber stamps. I made the early morning background by taking the markers and adding colors for the sky. I used Pale Blue (B32), Heath (V01), Powder Pink (YR00), and Mauve Shadow (BV00). I then stamped the Pine Tree with Marvy Inks in Salvia Blue, Pale Lilac, Gray, and Blue #3. I used Salvia Blue and Blue #3 ink for the birds, and Black for the sentiment.

The last ATC, I decided to do a tiny version of Paper Embroidery. This was a fun and quick card to make and you don't necessarily have to use it for just ATC's. It works perfect as a miniature to mount to a regular card. You could back it with a pretty cardstock, then adhere it to a Cuttlebug embossed background. The pattern is below for your pleasure.


On a final note, I've also been doing my glass work and below is a picture of my latest beads! I'm having a blast and learning so much! I'm making very pretty bookmarks with my beads, and if you're interested in seeing some, just drop me an email and I'll show them!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Darsie, these ATC's are beautiful. Your swap partners are going to be thrilled. Happy to see you crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darsie :)

    Your atcs are beautiful!!!

    I run the atc lottery over at Circle Of Crafters and would love you to join. This months is about to close (I will leave it 12 hours) incase you want to have a look.

    Have a wonderful day and thank you for sharing your talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW -- how many crafts are you an expert in??? Your beads are truly special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beads are very pretty. I really like the greenish top right and the first and second on the 3rd row. You are so talented. I wish I had time to try other things. I barely have time to do a card here and there. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!