Sunday, October 18, 2009

1 Stamp, 3 different cards...

Recently, I stumbled upon a wonderful artist's website and found the cutest images! Of course, I had to show it to my sister, Robin, as she loves anything close to a snowman. The website is Plum Purdy Designs and we had to have "Too Much Snow", (a delightful fat snowman). We will order more soon, especially the Santa images! With this fat snowman, I made three very different cards to show the versatility of the stamp.


The first card I used several coordinating designer papers from Stampin' Up! called "Cottage Ivy". The striped pattern I purchased at Hobby Lobby. I stamped the snowman on ivory cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored him with Sakura Gelly Roll pens and Prismacolor markers. I mounted that piece to a sage green cardstock and put it aside. I rounded the corners of the two patterned papers then adhered it to my main background paper. Next I added a soft green ribbon across the bottom of the panel and added snowflakes with rhinestones. I stamped "Happy Holidays" from Inkadinkado onto a punched tag, mounted it to matching sage green cardstock then added that to my panel. I made a matching bow and attached it to my tag, then mounted my snowman piece with pop dots to my panel. I finished the card off with rhinestones and glued it to a sage green card. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.


My next card with the smowman uses only two colors, white and gold. I stamped the snowman onto Stampin' Up! Whisper white cardstock with Versamark and embossed the image with gold embossing powder. I layered that piece to gold glittery cardstock and put it aside. I stamped my "snowflake trail" from Inkadinkado with Versamark on white Bazzill cardstock, then embossed it with the gold powder. I mounted my snowman onto the snowflake piece with pop dots, added shimmery stickers and then adhered the panel to a white card. A fast, easy, yet elegant Christmas card! Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

For this card, I first stippled a white panel with two shades of blue, then stamped my snowman. I colored him with Prismacolor markers, added some faux snow, and "snowflakes" with my white Signo gel pen, then put him aside. Next, I embossed Snowflakes on half of my card using my Cuttlebug and Snowflake folder. I adhered my designer papers (The Paper Studio) to my card, then added my snowman panel. I glittered a felt Snowflake, glued it to my card then finished it with rhinestones. Card size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.

2 comments:

  1. wow, this is an adorable snowman, your card creations are awesome, great style...have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darsie, I knew we must be "sisters" I just got these stamps in the mail on Saturday, however they are not the first of my Plum Purdy's, I have about 6 sets now. I love the non traditional colors you chose for the first snowman card, he is fabulous. Those snowflakes are beautiful, who makes them? Need them for sure! Love the simplicity and the elegance of the second card. You are on a roll, my friend! Oh, I did not scroll down all the way, I LOVE the 3rd card, he is colored so frosty, lol. And another fabulous snowflake! Just beautiful. I love brown and teal together. Wow, you blog is such a treat today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!