Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Scenic Card....

If you have come for the Fred, She Said Blog Hop, please click HERE!

I've had this scene in my head for a couple of weeks and I've finally got the chance to put it on paper. One late evening I saw the prettiest twilight sky. It was going to snow, and it was gray, but the sun was going down and there was an orange glow to the sky. I tried to capture that moment with my scenic stamping.

This card is for the Sketch Challenge (sketch is below) over at Our Creative Corner. We always love it when you play along with the Design Team, and remember to post your creation to Mr. Linky at the bottom of the OCC's blog page.


This scene is done with torn post-it notes. I laid down two post-it notes for to cover my lake and start the base of my mountains. I tore a post-it note for my mountains, then placed it onto my photo paper and with the Colorbox Stylus, added Memento London Fog for my first mountain on the left. I tilted my post-it note a bit for my second mountain (on the right), then added very light London Fog with the Stylus since this was my furthest mountain. I lowered my post-it note for my center mountain, and used a bit of Memento Tuxedo Black to darken that mountain in the foreground. I then added another smaller mountain to the right of the center one.

My shoreline is a ragged torn edge post-it note and I added black ink between my torn paper and the masked lake. I removed the post-it notes from the lake, turned my shoreline note upside down, and sponged gray ink for the reflection in the water. Using the same torn note for my mountains, I added rocks to the foreground.

To add my sky, I masked my mountains, laid down a circle for my sun, then sponged on Marvy Pale Orange and Orange with the Colorbox Stylus. I added more Pale Orange to the lake, then added London Fog to the top of the sky. I removed all masks, then stamped the Pine Tree and Gulls from Stampscapes and added white lines with my Signo gel pen to represent the ripples in the lake.

To finish my card according to the Sketch, I matted my scene to orange cardstock, then to designer paper by Basic Grey (Wassail paper pad). My panel was then mounted to tan cardstock, then to black cardstock. I stamped my sentiment (Stampscapes) onto photo paper, rounded the corners with a punch, then adhered it to a tan panel, and then to the card. I added a orange grosgrain ribbon with a slide, and completed the card with orange and black pearls. Card size: 5 x 6 1/4 inches

7 comments:

  1. Darsie, thanks for the info on you did that wonderful scene with the post it's. I love this idea and there are endless possibilities you can do with it.
    thank you so much for sharing it with the stamping group. You are such an awesome artist!
    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW!!! this is stunning!! post it notes will never be looked at the same :) your talent inspires me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really pretty Darsie. Beautiful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it before I saw it in the challenge format, but I love it even more now. Wow. a fan LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darise, I meant to hop over earlier this week to compliment you on this card. It is an absolutely stunning work of art. I was reading how you created it and my head was spinning. So many steps (and opportunities to mess it up - LOL). Not only is the work amazing, but the colors you chose are so beautiful. I also clicked the link for the stamp company and felt like I had fallen into a whole new world. I think you may have enabled me...but that's another story! So great to see you lending your talent to the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darsie - this is exceptional, I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am blown away by your talent. I spent some time looking at your blog and just wanted to say great work! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!