Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Designer's Choice Challenge...

It's time for the Designer's Choice Challenge over at the House that Stamps Built! Miriam is the next designer up and her challenge was to make a card with Heat Embossing! I used a different approach to the ordinary heat embossing by stamping my snowflakes on glossy paper with Versamark and embossing with clear powder. Then I dabbed on Alcohol Inks all over the card, including the snowflakes. Once the ink was dry, I took the heat gun and reheated the embossed snowflakes and the alcohol inks shifted to show the white cardstock underneath. A fun technique you should try. You can see another card HERE where I used this same technique.


3 comments:

  1. WOW, both of your cards are gorgeous! I'm not familiar with this technique, but your cards have inspired me to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful!! I love the look of the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS, Darsie! I love that technique. You card is amazing - I just love the blue and pink with the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!