Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Door Knob Wreaths...

So I created something really cute!! I received a package of Rosette trim by Webster's Pages from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and wanted to go outside the box and NOT use it as trim on a card. We all want more for our dollar, and finding different ways to use something will give us more variety for the products we buy.

I created the most darling door knob wreaths with jingly bells and it was so EASY! You can also use it as a miniature hanging wreath on the wall! My tutorial is below and I encourage you to make these for yourself or as gifts! 

Pin It
Share this on Pinterest!

Supplies needed:

 
24 inches white or orange Seam Binding  (I hand-dyed white seam binding with an Orange Copic Marker)
Black cardstock
Spider Embellishment (Sticker or charm)
Black and Orange Bells
Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Glue
16 inches 20 gauge wire
Wire cutters

Instructions:

Thread wire through the back of the bloomers trim:


Cut Scalloped circles and Standard circles as shown in the diagram:


Pull wire tight until the circle of bloomers fits your cardstock circle. Twist wire. Glue cardstock circle to your bloomers circle:


Fluff bloomers and cut off excess wire:


Tie seam binding around bloomer circle:


Add bells:


Add bow and embellishments:


How cute is that?? In the bloomers package you get 5 colors, so you could make 5 gifts for minimal cost!! I just love that!!  Here is my second Door Knob Wreath I created with the Aqua colored Bloomer:


The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store carries a versatile collection of supplies for your papercrafting needs from Spellbinders dies, JustRite Papercraft stamps and other stamps, Ribbons of all textures, styles and thicknesses, beautiful papers from a multitude of companies and lots of fabulous embellishments.

7 comments:

  1. My goodness, but those are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darsie- I just love these sweet wreaths- the orange and black one may nearly convert me to celebrating Halloween(we don't here in Australia)- but I love these ribbons and the base for your wreaths so pretty and so fun - thanks for the tutorial and sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute idea and I just love the ribbons!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a novel idea Darsie - I think I'll be creating some christmas decorations along this theme. tfs
    Hugs
    Heather (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful. A great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I can see making these for the different seasons, and Christmas & Valentines Day! Thanks for the step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Top web site, I hadn't come across idlemendacity.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
    Keep up the superb work!bronze door knobs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!