Friday, October 11, 2013

Christmas Countdown ...

When my children were little, every year they each would get an Advent Calendar and I loved it when they woke up every morning to open the next window and get that piece of chocolate! It was a fun tradition and in keeping with that idea, I created this fun Christmas Countdown decoration. I did "cheat" a little bit though, as I found the kit for this at Hobby Lobby at half price. 

I purchased the kit and put my spin on it with Christmas paper, added the base, and the Christmas dies to enhance it! I think it turned out great and it was fun to do! All supplies except the basic kit and base can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Pin It
Share this on Pinterest!

Paper: KaiserCraft Christmas Carol 6x6 paper pad, Bazzill Basics Paper Ivory Cardstock, Gold Mirror
Inks: Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk ink pad, Zig FX Painty Marker: Gold
Embellishments: KaiserCraft Red Pearls, 3D Foam Squares, Recollections Gold Pearls, Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Glue, 1/4 Burgundy Silk Ribbon
The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store carries a versatile collection of supplies for your papercrafting needs from Spellbinders dies, JustRite Papercraft stamps and other stamps, ribbons of all textures, styles and thicknesses, beautiful papers from a multitude of companies and lots of fabulous embellishments.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This would make a great gift to family. A Christmas tradition to pull out each December 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC!! Your creation exceedes all wonderful adjectives. The tree is a wonderful cut...thank you for sharing your gifts and talent with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!