Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Thankful for You...

I love the colors of Autumn with leaves and chrysanthemums in reds, yellows, greens and oranges. Today I have created a fall floral card that would be a perfect hostess gift at Thanksgiving or for any occasion where you are feeling most thankful.

Pin It
Share this on Pinterest!

I love to make flowers and Creative Inspirations paints have amazing color and shimmer to bring the petals to life. For my mum, I started by cutting 15 of the Die D-Lites™ Blooms Two die from Spellbinders® with ivory paper. I painted the back side of each flower with Burgundy paint, then turned it over and painted the front with Burnt Clay.


With a dry embossing tool and foam mat, I shaped the petals into a cup and then touched the tips with Buttercup paint. I glued one flower on top of the other, and continued in that manner until I got the fullness I wanted for my larger mum. With leftover flowers, I created two smaller mums. As a background for my mum, I cut various leaves from the Fall Foliage die set out of olive green cardstock, and painted them with Evergreen. I added a touch of Buttercup and Burnt Clay to the edges to show the changing of the leaves.
 
My sentiment from Autumn Vintage Labels Three was stamped onto Frame Two, then layered on top of Decorative Wrought Iron.

Project Recipe:

Paper: DCWV Pumpkin Patch, Bazzill Basics Ivory, Olive Green and White Cardstock, Brown/Gold Glitter paper

9 comments:

  1. I already told you how much I love this card! You are always giving me this 'wow' factor! The use of the flower die is amazing! <3 Baerbel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've hit a home run again! I don't usually make Thanksgiving cards, but I think I might this year...you give us such wonderful cards! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Absolutely love the way you did those flowers!! What patience and dedication, but so well worth the effort! The effect is unusual and wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This is an absolutely stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible Darsie! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely GORGEOUS card!!! I love the warm fall colors and your flowers are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the colors & design in this fall card! Thanks so much of the inspiration. What type of paints did you use? There is no link attached to the pic. Still new to anything outside of inks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the colors & design in this fall card! Thanks so much of the inspiration. What type of paints did you use? There is no link attached to the pic. Still new to anything outside of inks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate the time you take to visit my blog and leaving your thoughts!